Monday 28 February 2011

Midwife: 17 days old

Jacqui came to see us today and I'd managed to make it downstairs for her visit! Yay! She checked you over (your cord stump - which had been bleeding a little bit and had scabbed over - is absolutely fine, we just need to let the scab fall off in it's own time) and you're doing really well. Your colour is normal and you weigh 3220g (which is 7lb 1oz). That's 180g (about 6.5oz) more than last week.

She checked my scar and said that it was dark red (which meant recovering from the infection) and that as all the stitched layers were linked, she'd be reluctant to remove any in case she pulled on layers below. If they're still visible by my six week check, the Doctor might remove them.

So Jacqui signed me off (I can call her if I need her) and we'll be taken over by a health visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment