Sunday 6 February 2011

38+3 weeks

So what's new, sweetie?

Tomorrow, we have an appointment with Mr Afifi at the Ante Natal clinic to discuss our options. I'm hoping you've turned but just in case you haven't, I want to make sure we select the best possible birth experience for you - be it a natural breech delivery, an 'emergency elective' section (where we wait for labour to start before the section - some babies turn early in labour and if you don't, at least you'll have told us you're ready to meet us) or a straight forward elective section.

My bump is a different shape than it was and I have a lot more pain and pressure in my pelvis (not to mention your kicks being in different places now and even the occasional surge that I need to breathe through). We're hoping this is a good sign that you turned when I thought you did; I'm still doing my hypnotherapy just in case.

My feet and legs are puffy and I've noticed that my remaining rings are tight so my hands must be swollen too. As moving is becoming harder (despite me not having the biggest bump), I'm starting to feel a bit fed up.

Daddy has almost finished your nursery so I'm looking forward to being able to nest and complete your mural this week. I might also see the NCT ladies and babies (they're all here waiting to meet you) this week and I'm seeing Granny, Auntie Lora and Auntie Rosie on Thursday for some spa time, a facial and afternoon tea.

There are two belly photos on the camera ready to be uploaded and Daddy is going to do some arty shots this week too.

I've dreamt about having a baby girl for the past two nights and last night I dreamt you turned the right way for a natural home birth - I felt you move in my sleep. I don't mind if you're a baby girl or a baby boy (we will love you very much either way) but I really hope I'm right about you turning :o)

Granny has almost finished her latest knitted creation (a beautiful cream cardigan) and has started on a lovely pram blanket. Nanna gave Daddy two beautiful white sets she'd knitted yesterday (he popped to Wales to be measured for a suit for Uncle Rhys' wedding). I'll take photos and pop them on your blog tomorrow.

I think that's probably it, my darling. Everyone here is so excited to meet you so if we're allowed a natural delivery, don't hang on too long. Love you very much xxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment