Wednesday 16 February 2011

39 weeks

On Thursday 10 February, I went to Fawsley Hall for a spa day and afternoon tea with Granny, Auntie Lora and Auntie Rosie to celebrate Granny's birthday. I had a facial and they tinted my eyelashes for me so if you arrived the next day, I wouldn't look too awful without make up.

We had some time chatting in the relaxation room before decamping to the pool area. I went in the pool on the off chance it might help you to move, but I resisted doing handstands and forward rolls. My mind was made up by then I think; if the ECV didn't work the following morning then you should be in my arms that afternoon and I should stop pressuring myself to try and change the outcome to fit a set of birthing aims that were ideals and not set in stone and follow advice for best outcome for you and for me.

Our spa was followed by a scrumptious afternoon tea.


Just what a mummy to be needed to help her to relax.

After the spa day, Daddy and I set about creating some memories of our most treasured first bump using some high tech photography equipment borrowed from one of Daddy's colleagues at work. The results are yet to be seen - Daddy hasn't had a chance to work his magic with the images yet. We had a chuckle doing it though - I even did some naked shots!

Time for one last panic before the procedure then - not very sensible for Mummy and Daddy not to go to bed until 1am Friday morning, especially given that we had to arrive at hospital for 7.30am. Unfortunately, I decided that there were things needed doing and needed doing NOW! Bit of manic nesting perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment