Monday 6 September 2010

Midwife appointment, 16 weeks

Today I had my first appointment with the midwife - other than my booking in appointment all those weeks ago. The student midwife who did my booking in, Karly, was with Jacqui - the midwife based at our surgery.

First they took my blood pressure - no worries there. Then she listened to your heartbeat. Karly could find it but it was only feint and kept moving away. Jacqui tried and found a very clear, very strong heartbeat - so lovely! Next up, urine sample and a blood test - bloods are for Down's syndrome testing. Urine fine, bloods sent for testing - we're likely to only hear if you have a high risk of Down's but we can ask for the results when we go in for our scan if we want confirmation.

I'm booked in with Jacqui again for four weeks after my 20 week scan - that's 25 October (three days before I turn 30).

No comments:

Post a Comment