Tuesday 28 September 2010

19+5 weeks

I have a big fat cold and am feeling very sorry for myself. I'm not very good at being ill but am even worse when medication is limited so am in bed and grumpy. Daddy is looking after me :)

The cold has caused (from the nose blowing I assume) three nosebleeds in the past 12 hours.

Anyway, an update. This week, marmite. Marmite and cheese. So that's B vitamins and calcium... I thought I was desperate for lager so I asked Daddy to make me a shandy with a little bit of beer. I couldn't drink it - it tasted like strong continental beer to me (it tasted like lemonade to Daddy). Pelvis and lower back are still sore so I'm researching yoga and pilates.

Last week, you made Daddy's year (well, so far, I'm sure the 20 week scan will knock it off the top spot on Thursday). I was doing lots of moving around upstairs and felt a funny sensation in my tummy. You've been moving around more and more so I knew it was you, but it felt bigger. I watched my tummy in the mirror and you were moving enough to move my bump around! You were still doing it by the time I got downstairs to Daddy so he got to watch and feel. He was very excited.

Since then you've prodded and poked and done somersaults. It's a lovely feeling (even when you poke me hard!) - not regular yet but often enough to tell me you're still there and you're doing okay. The Doppler comes out every now and again so we can have a listen. Your heartbeat seems to be 156bpm.

On Friday, we went to Auntie Laura's (I need to think of a way to differentiate those, maybe you'll think of a way when you're here) for her 30th birthday party. Everyone made a fuss of my bump so that took the edge off not being able to join in with the champagne. Despite thinking I'd be ready for bed at 10.30pm we didn't leave until gone 1am! I was quite proud of myself, although we paid for it the next day. Tired Mummy (and Daddy for that matter). Still managed a big walk in the afternoon.

I meant to get Daddy to take another bump photo but we forgot so we'll do one at 20 weeks. I really must set myself reminders so we do them weekly!

When we were at Granny's, we had a play about with Auntie Rosie's Quinny Zapp pushchair. This led to much pushchair research for me so we're going to go to Mothercare and have a few test drives.

Think that's as much as my cold riddled brain can remember.

Love you, little one x

No comments:

Post a Comment