Thursday 25 November 2010

Catch up...

Hello poppet,

You seem to sleep every now and again now. I have been known to panic when you do - I'm so used to you wriggling. I'm getting used to the breaks in movement now but do love to feel the kicks and wriggles when you wake up.

I'm a bit prone to heartburn, especially if I don't eat regularly or have to bend down. No strange cravings I don't think. Generally more prone to sweet things but still enjoy my ham/bacon sandwiches. Bit headachy and I'm starting to get tired quicker than normal. Bump is steadily growing - I'm overdue a bump photo - again!! I seem to be carrying you out front, a bit like a football up my jumper - I don't look pregnant from the back apparently!

Pelvis, hips and back are still sore but osteopathy is definitely helping. She thinks my hypermobility is helping but I'm a bit worried about following Auntie Rosie. She had problems with her hips in pregnancy and it sounds like it was linked to flexibility - my hips have always been a bit prone to moving too much. I'm hoping that means my muscles are stronger from years of over compensating.

At work, my maternity leave has been approved but my boss isn't committing to my working from home some days in January or the leave I'd like in November/December. A few bits to iron out before Christmas I think.

Ante Natal classes are going well. Daddy missed the last one because he was in Barcelona for work but I had Auntie Lora as back up. I have interacted with one of the ladies by text and email this week and she seems to share my thoughts on natural birth, which is nice.

I've started buying baby things now - half price toiletries (I've tried to buy in bulk to avoid having too much to buy while I'm not working) and some essentials from Asda and Mothercare. Uncle Nick's mummy gave us some bits and bobs too, which was sweet of her. I've got an extensive list and baby budget and we're slowly ticking things off.

We'll be making a start (honestly!) on clearing the nursery this weekend so I can start buying the bigger things. We've bought some paint samples so I might have a play once we've cleared.

I really need to call Sarah (the hypnotherapist who helped me get pregnant in the first place) to book my hypnobirthing.

Phew! Reckon that's it... I'm bound to have forgotten something - I think you've stolen my brain.

Love you little one xx

No comments:

Post a Comment