Wednesday 8 December 2010

Ante Natal Cardio Appointment

So having been booked into a cardio clinic that was full, I had a letter come through for an appointment with Mr Thompson (Ante Natal Cardiac Consultant) for today.

This morning, Daddy and I attended the appointment... and were seen an hour and a half after the time on the letter :(

Not all bad though - the lady we saw read through my notes, the reports for you and for me and listened to my heart - and then gave me the all clear. I've got a murmur yes, but it's a tiny hole that's only visible from one angle and shouldn't ever cause me a problem. No great surprise there - it's never been a problem before and it's not a problem at the moment but it's still lovely to hear. The best bit? That means I'm back to midwife care, I don't need additional hospital appointments and I can have my home birth!

So, my precious little one, I can bring you into the world wherever we choose. We're going to have a look around the Birmingham Women's and Solihull Birth Centres but I'm still keen on staying at home.

We shall see - I'll keep you posted xx

No comments:

Post a Comment