Tuesday 21 December 2010

HypnoBirthing

Daddy and I have seen Sarah, my hypnotherapist, to do our first session of HypnoBirthing. It was really enlightening - we have to use positive language leading up to and during the birth (contractions = surges, push = breathe) and by all accounts, the birthing process should be far less painful and stressful with HypnoBirthing. The DVD's were quite amazing.

I need to change my birth plan and let the midwife looking after me know that I'll be having a HypnoBirth and then that's that. In the meantime, I will be practising some breathing exercises and affirmations. I'll also be listening to some hypnotherapy regularly leading up to the birth. Sarah has also left me with a book to read.

I'll be seeing Sarah at the end of January for another session.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I love moms that use hypnosis for birth. I did with my last 2 births and have since gathered over 250 birth stories of moms using hypnosis for birth. :)
    http://www.pregnancybirthandbabies.com
    Enjoy your birth!

    ReplyDelete