Monday 15 November 2010

First NCT Ante Natal class

Tonight we attended our first Ante Natal class (Auntie Lora is our teacher). It was the second class but we missed the first one when we had our mini panic last week...

We were late. I had the osteopath and overran and then we got lost. Good start, eh?

It's quite hard to walk into a room full of people you don't know but we managed it and it wasn't as scary as I feared (I worry about group activities...) I was surprised at some of the ladies takes on labour and childbirth. There seemed to be a lot of pure fear and lack of knowledge - I quickly learnt that I take the knowledge I've gained from Granny, Auntie Lora and Auntie Rosie for granted.

I'm hoping I can find a likeminded lady or two to befriend. I think I've spotted a couple but I'll keep schtum for now, see how things progress in the coming weeks. The only thing that worries me is that you're due quite a lot later than the other ladies' babies - I think Auntie Lora is right and that just means they have somewhere to go just before they're due or with a new baby and we have some clued up friends when it's our turn!

I'll keep you posted. Daddy can't come to next week's cos he's away with work so I'll be on my tod...

No comments:

Post a Comment