Tuesday 14 June 2011

First Holiday Abroad (Tamariu)

On 4 June, we took a late night flight to Girona in Northern Spain to visit Tamariu for Auntie Hannah's wedding. We rented a villa with a pool and Nanna travelled from Bristol to join us for the week.

When we landed, it was raining and on the journey from the airport to the villa in our rental car, it was hard to tell we were in Spain and not Wales! The weather erred on the side of rain all week but we had a few nice mornings and afternoons.

On Monday, we spent time by the pool at the villa - you weren't a happy baby but the water was chilly so I'm hoping that was the reason. We bought you a little boat to put water in so the sun could warm it but when I went to dip your toes in, you put a foot on either side of the water - it made Daddy and Nanna giggle lots!

On Tuesday, we drove to Figueres to see the Dali Museum. You spent the afternoon in Daddy's arms, sometimes sleeping and sometimes watching the paintings.

On Wednesday, we went to Auntie Hannah's parents' villa to help with a few bits during the day and then to theirs in the evening for paella.

On Thursday, I wasn't having a very good day but we managed to get to Begur before Auntie Hannah's wedding rehearsal.

On Friday, it was Auntie Hannah's wedding day. Daddy got up early to get their wedding present while I fed you and then it was off to the hairdresser for me while Nanna watched you. Then, after we changed you into your party dress, we went to Auntie Hannah's parents' villa to get ready for the wedding. I got ready last so I could feed you as close to the wedding as possible but you still grumbled for Daddy during the ceremony. I flitted between feeds and duties throughout the day, suffice to say I was pretty tired by the time we got back to the villa around midnight. Lovely wedding though and you were fussed over throughout. When we got back to the villa, I went to get you out of your car seat and something ran over my hand. Fearing the worst (I'm not a spider fan), I jumped six foot before I realised you were sharing your seat with a gecko. A pretty little thing, he didn't want to get out - it took Daddy a while to release him!

On Saturday, we had to check out by 10am so we went down to the bay for breakfast (a burger in mine and Daddy's case). After saying goodbye to Auntie Hannah and Uncle John, we dropped Nanna at the airport for her flight and headed for Girona. After four or five hours wander, we went to St Felix for dinner and then back to the airport for our flight.

We arrived home (albeit stressed from an argument over excess baggage and a damaged car seat) in the early hours of Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment