Sunday 16 January 2011

My baby shower: 15 January

Yesterday, I was driven to an undisclosed location for my baby shower. I knew what time it was and the date but Auntie Kerry kept everything else a secret. I was arriving with my sister (your Auntie Rosie) - Granny, Nanna, Auntie Lora and Auntie Jo were in the car in front. I had an idea where we were going when we drove into Henley-in-Arden - Auntie Kerry and I have been to the BlueBell pub both with Daddy and Uncle Mark and on our own. They do a scrummy afternoon tea and at 3.30pm, I suspected that was what we were there for...

My sisters and I went in last to be greeted by a table full of friends and family. We had a lovely table in the window decorated with 'baby shower' bunting next to a table full of presents. I didn't think to take photos while I was there but Auntie Kerry took lots so hopefully I'll be able to get copies of hers at some point soon. I did take photos when I got home though :o)

Once the kisses and cuddles had been distributed, I was seated at the head of the table and given a badge and a sash. Nanna and Granny had badges too.






We were served a delicious afternoon tea and spent the afternoon happily chatting amongst ourselves. Once we'd had our fill, Auntie Kerry surrounded me with presents and Auntie Rosie presented me with one at a time.

Daddy and I took photos when I got home, so in no particular order...

Granny and Papa gave Daddy and I presents (my bump looks like I've stolen a watermelon from Sainsbury's) and a beautiful handknitted jumper for you.





Auntie Rosie gave you a present to give to me: it's a journal to fill out that you can have when you're a grown up.





Auntie Lora gave me some useful books:


And one for Daddy too:


Auntie Kerry and Uncle Mark spoilt you and me:








Auntie Hannah and Uncle John gave us beautiful 'cakes' made entirely of baby essentials:











And you got a Christmas present from Auntie Hannah and Uncle John too (I had my eye on this!):





Auntie Laura and Chris gave us a present for you and some treats for me:





Nanna treated you and me:








Auntie Jo and Uncle Rhys gave us a lovely gift for the nursery:


As much as I love and am thankful to everyone for all of our gifts, the last gift (from everyone) was my favourite and I'll treasure it forever.





Auntie Kerry coordinated a photo album with photos from my family and friends interspersed with messages from everyone at the shower and the people we'd left at home. It's the most beautiful thing, I looked through it at the table and couldn't read all the messages as it was making me so teary. Daddy and I looked through it properly together later that day and I had a big cry - it's just so lovely.

Last but not least, was the sweepstake - all of the guests took part (there's one for Papa that Granny added too):


Auntie Kerry had even prepared party bags for the ladies (and I) to take away with us:








Just perfect. Thank you so much to Auntie Kerry for organising such a wonderful day and to everyone for my amazing album and their generous gifts. I feel throughly spoilt and more than a little overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment