Thursday 28 October 2010

24 weeks

Today, I was supposed to have our follow up appointment about the effects of my murmur on the pregnancy. Your appointment went swimmingly but after no sight of an appointment for me, I thought I best call and move the follow up appointment.

It took several phonecalls to several members of hospital staff, the last (and most helpful) of whom was the Consultant's secretary. She eventually managed to discover that the reason I hadn't had my appointment was because cardiology had never received my referral. She's sorted it though and they've confirmed they've received it. I need to give them a call early next week to see when they can fit me in. I'd rather it was closer to 28 weeks anyway, that way we can see how my heart does under the pressure of maximum blood volume. Must be the most accurate picture that way?

Other than that, what can I tell you? You're a wriggly little thing, mainly when I'm quiet or eating. Daddy hasn't felt you yet but we're hoping it won't be long now.

I'm still hooked on ham sandwiches for lunch... Pear and apple based things usually very successful too.

I have started a list of things we need to buy for your arrival (I'm trying to be sensible) and we even started looking at camcorders today so the more distant relatives don't miss anything.

My pelvis and back can get quite sore at times - walking seems to make it worse. Ribs too - assume that's all the stretching. Ankles and feet got puffy this afternoon after a few hours of shopping :)

We're away this weekend for some Welsh sea air in honour of my birthday. Beach walks and good food. Nice and relaxing for my lovely bump and for Mummy and Daddy (not to mention Auntie Kerry, Uncle Mark, Auntie Hannah and Uncle John).

No comments:

Post a Comment