Tuesday 19 October 2010

22+5 weeks

I have heartburn really bad at the moment. Seems to be from mid-late afternoon until bedtime and it's really rubbish. Doesn't seem to matter what I eat or drink :(

You're kicking more and more - at least, I'm feeling it more and more often. It'll only be a matter of time before Daddy can feel you too - he's been concentrating very hard on bump and you seem to be trying to reach him with your kicks.

Still pork biased. Sandwiches preferably bacon (breakfast) or ham (lunch). Snacking on clementines, bananas and trying to resist the sweet cravings... Not always very successful there...

We went to see Daddy's family in Wales this weekend. On Friday, Nanna listened to your heartbeat and your kicks with our doppler - she was very excited to hear you. On Saturday, we went pram test driving with Nanna. Having finally found a stockist with an UppaBaby Vista that we could have a play with, I think we've decided it's the pushchair for us. Nice and sturdy, not too heavy or bulky, not too expensive. We're going to get you a Pebble car seat too - all in black we think (seeing as we don't know if you're a boy or a girl yet). We'll brighten it all up with colours when you arrive. Uncle Rhys and Auntie Jo were pleased to see bump too - you'll be going to their wedding when you arrive but you'll only be a few weeks old so I think we'll restrict your involvement to a special babygro. We'll stay in the hotel so you and I can nap when we need to :)

We saw your Great Gran on Sunday for a few hours. She's bought you some babygros and bodysuits, a few blankets and a few other odds and bits. Great Gran and Grandad are buying your cot too - we just need to get the room ready for it!

I got sucked into a sale today and treated you to a few developmental toys - and a very cool Elmer the Elephant cuddly toy. I think they'll come in handy when we're trying to keep you amused...

I did a pilates for pregnancy DVD for the first time this evening - hopefully it'll help me keep some control over my pelvis and my back and even help me in labour. The plan is to do it two or three times a week.

I'm also trying to find a pregnancy massage to treat myself and try and release the tension in my back.

I need to remember to ask Daddy to take a bump photo this week - my bump is quite pronounced now :) Definitely need to start doing the photos weekly... I can't even blame my baby brain cos Daddy forgets too!

Love you little one xx

No comments:

Post a Comment