Wednesday 16 March 2011

Doctor: 33 days old

Today, I noticed your cheeks were redder and applied the Canesten to discover it made the area weep and appear red raw. Unsurprisingly, it was irritating you so you weren't sleeping and kept touching your face - rubbing it with your hands (in mitts) and on bedding and clothing. It looked so much worse, I called the surgery. No appointments available and they close at 1pm on Wednesdays. I could have a phonecall but I needed someone to see you. The receptionist advised the walk in clinic at Solihull hospital so Auntie Lora came over to take us.



We visited a Pharmacist first who confirmed it needed a Doctor's attention so we booked in at the walk in clinic. We saw a Doctor within 10 minutes who examined you carefully and pronounced it eczema - not just eczema but infected eczema so in need of antibiotic. I was advised to continue with the natural moisture cream I'd bought you alongside the antibiotic cream he prescribed. He advised we see the GP on Friday afternoon to check the condition was improving.

You're two applications in and already there is a definite improvement. You're calmer and touching it less so I can only assume it's bothering you less. You're still waking three hourly at night though so I don't think you're quite back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment