Sunday 20 June 2010

Four weeks and counting...

18 months of trying and it's finally happened: our first baby is on its way.  This blog will serve as my journal, some posts so I remember and some soppiness dedicated to our little one. 

We found out I was pregnant on Monday 14 June 2010 (the day my period was due).  I'm usually regular but I don't think I was actually expecting it to say 'pregnant' - I didn't even tell Daddy I was taking the test.  As soon as the test said pregnant I called him (read hollered) and he was up the stairs before the conception indicator thingy popped up to say 1-2 weeks (that's from conception, so 3-4 weeks preganant).  3-4 weeks fits in with my dates nicely and it also explains why I was a bit teary when AC\DC and Aerosmith came out at Download... We found out just before a week in Croyde Bay so plenty of time to get used to the idea and rest.  Lovely. 

I'm not sure it's sunk in just yet (even though I've taken four pregnancy tests since and they've all been positive) but my tummy is still getting lots of attention from me and from Daddy.  Today's pregnancy test (Sunday 20 June) tells me 3+ weeks from conception (5+ weeks pregnant), which is quite clever in less than a week. 



It's so early, we're keeping it to ourselves - of course, that means I've told Granny and Papa, Auntie Rosie, Auntie Laura, Auntie Kerry and Auntie Hannah.  Everyone is very excited and keeping everything crossed. 

Nothing overly exciting to report on the symptom front just yet: tired, sore boobs, overly sensitive nipples, I feel rubbish if I don't eat regularly and nauseous in the evenings.

I need to call the surgery tomorrow morning and get booked in.

No comments:

Post a Comment